Sunday, August 21, 2011

Kathleen Mix, River of Fear

Title: River of Fear

Author: Kathleen Mix

Rating: Five Siren Stones

Genre: Romantic Suspense

Keywords: Crimson Rose, Spicy

Page Count: 314

ISBN E-Book: 1-60154-942-3

Price: $6.75

ISBN for Print: 978-1601549426

Price: $14.99

Publisher: The Wild Rose Press

Buy-Link: http://www.thewildrosepress.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=137&products_id=4566

Reviewer: Nikki

Blurb/Summary:

After ten years shouldering heavy responsibility as her siblings’ guardian, fern farmer Annie Brenton yearns for an exciting and carefree future. Despite the repeated threats of a stalker, she refuses to cower in her house and compromise her long-awaited freedom.

When widower Luke Erickson and his two young children turn to Annie for help and she takes them into her home, she believes her financial worries and stalker problems are solved. Instead, the stalker ratchets up his violence, and her developing feelings for Luke turn her world upside down.

As Luke's past suddenly catches up to them, Annie is forced to make an impossible choice. Is loving a wandering sailor and his children worth the sacrifice of her freedom and the risk of a broken heart?

Review:

River of Fear is both character and plot driven, with plenty of twists and turns to keep a reader engaged. I most definitely was. I prepared myself for a romantic suspense, but River of Fear is so much more. Not only does it have its suspense factor, but I was so caught up in the characters that I forgot about everything else around me. I knew Annie and Luke had their secrets, and I was drawn to Luke’s two wonderful children. This story is about second chances, finding love when you least expect it, and learning to trust when everyone else seems to have turned their back on you.

This is my first time reading a Kathleen Mix book, but It won't be the last. I am going to be keeping an eye out for more titles by this talented author. This is the kind of book that gave me chills, and with every little creak and thud I heard, I gasped out loud. I love the kind of books that give me chills at night. This was one of them.

No comments: