Friday, March 18, 2011

Frances Stockton, Field of Play

Title: Field of Play

Author: Frances Stockton

Rating: Three And A Half Siren Stones

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Keywords: Private Investigator

Length: Super-Plus Novel

ISBN E-Book: 978-141-9933066

Price: $7.99

Publisher: Ellora’s Cave

Buy-Link: http://www.jasminejade.com/p-9109-field-of-play.aspx

Reviewer: Cia

Blurb/Summary:

When private investigator Grace Daniels agrees to help football star Dallas McKay find his birth parents, she’s determined to remain professional. At least until the gorgeous athlete lands in her lap while celebrating a touchdown and delivers a panty-drenching smile. However, haunted by memories of childhood bullying, Grace is certain Dallas would never want her.

Dallas is instantly hooked when he meets Grace, and persuades her to spend a weekend with him. Finding her amazingly responsive and adventurous in and out of bed, he puts aside his commitment issues to convince her he’s playing for keeps.

Together they push their sexual boundaries and fall in more than just lust. But when Grace’s investigation begins, and their exes conspire to tear them apart, their new relationship will be tested. They’ll have to overcome outside interference, and their personal demons, to find happily ever after.

Review:

When I first opened the book to read about Grace and Dallas, I was very excited. I’d looked forward to reading the story following Quarterback Blitz. The beginning started off with a blast, I was led into the workings of a magnificent story and lost in the fabulous world of football and the sexiest players alive. And then a few chapters through to the guts the story barely moved. I read multiple sex scenes one after another. I don’t generally mind a ton of sex in a story, the hotter the better, and these pages scorched but there was so much at one time I felt it drew me out of reading the story. I had to go back and make sure I wasn’t reading a story from the Exotika line.

For a contemporary romance, I found I kept turning the page hoping they’d get back to business and find the answers the hero wanted. I was so excited to see Grace find her knight and for Dallas to find out he could commit it kept me reading. A little after the halfway life of the book it finally moved forward and I was able to rejoice in the reason why Grace had been hired in the first place. I loved all of the characters and definitely seeing Phelan again. Their story grabbed my attention once again and I enjoyed the twists and turns of bitter ex’s and the outcome of searching for the hero’s bio parents.

No comments: